November 19, 2013

Lee Lebrada 12 Week Lean Body--OHH YEA!

Let us begin with a preface: I am the type of workout-er who needs to have a SCHEDULE that I can follow to hold myself accountable. Enter: bodybuilding.com

BEFORE YOU THINK IT~~ No...this site is not just for body builders...do not let this scare you into thinking you will end up with popping arms veins, scary large legs and a bulging neck. I've seen those women...WHOA GIRL.

Bodybuilding.com is for everyone and I love it. Under the trainers section you can choose your gender, what type of girl/guy you want to look like and your goals. Then the site will set you up with trainers you can choose from...and begin their programs. 

I chose Lee Lebrada's 12 Week Lean Body program found here. I'm almost done with my 12 weeks and I feel amazing! I have NOT been staring at the scale so I have no clue how much weight I have lost. I chose not to obsess over the scale...because I would do exactly that...OBSESS.  Instead...I have measured the part I want to lose the most...dun dun dun BABY BELLLLLLLLLLLLY. Proud to say...I have lost two inches already and can tell a huge difference when I do that side stance in the mirror.

Below is what I love the most about bodybuilding.com. You set up your own "BodySpace" and when you start your 12 weeks it sets up a calendar for you to track your workouts everyday. Yes....on this program...as you can see...you workout everyday. However, the workouts are no longer than 45 minutes long. This works for me for the most part. I do occasionally miss a day. But this calendar keeps me accountable--I need structure!



On this program you basically have the following types of days:

Cardio Day
Legs & Ab Day
Shoulders & Triceps Day
Back & Biceps/Cardio Day

I absolutely love this layout! I love that when I have my cardio day...it's JUST cardio day...and I'm done for the night!...Except on back day...but back day only consists of four workouts and then 20-30 minutes of cardio. So simple. The other days are just lifting weight with the appropriate area of the body and Lee chooses what workouts to do for you. Again, so simple.

I always thought I needed to be a cardio bunny. I have learned through much research that this is not true. Even MORE important is LIFTING WEIGHTS!

Women please listen to me when I say:

LIFT WEIGHTS AS HEAVY AS YOU CAN!
For some reason women are scared of weight lifting when really it's the best thing you can do. Muscle burns fat like crazy...so lift lift lift! I bought this book and it's amazing! Tons of pictures and variation to work every inch of your body!


Do not skimp when you are lifting your weights. When you choose your weight...make sure that at the end of your set of 8-10 that your muscles are bUrNiNg! Rest for one minute and repeat...Just like Lee says ;)

I have been amazed that in this 12 weeks...well lets say this last 8 weeks when I realized that I was letting myself lift way too easy....how much strength I have gained. My legs look amazing and feel so strong!

Okay...enough for today...check out bodybuilding.com...there is something for everyone and great training programs. Look through them and find one that fits you best and DO THE 12 WEEKS! (most are 12 week programs). Twelve weeks is not a long time to turn your body around and get on the right track for life! Give yourself the favor of 12 weeks!

Muah!!
Ky


No comments:

Post a Comment